Friday, January 16, 2004

A recap of the last few days:

Sunday January 11th



I took another test and the line got darker!


I called my Mom and told her, she told my Dad. They were both thrilled! I'm so thankful to have such supportive parents!

Monday January 12th

I left messages at my Reproductive Endocrinologist's Office and my Gynecology/Obstetrics office. A nurse from my my RE's office called back and I heard "Congratulations" for the first time! She told me I could get a "Beta" blood test to check the HCG levels in my system, then on Wednesday I would get another to check the number again. The number should double every two days. So I went and got my blood drawn.

Tuesday January 13th

My RE's office called back with the results for my beta: 2216 @ 19DPO! I'm told that's a good number for 19DPO. My OB's office doesn't want to see me until I'm 8 weeks which is February 5th. I'm somewhat disappointed, I'm concerned because I have PCOS, which has a higher risk of miscarriage. I'm lucky I have been treated for it for the past 7 months with a medication called Metformin. Metformin actually decreases the chance of miscarriage in PCOS women, so that's a good thing!

Wednesday January 14th

I'm 5 weeks pregnant(LMP) and 3 weeks gestation today!

My Mom can't keep secrets and she told me she told my brother Marty and his girlfriend Colby, they were excited! I told her not to tell anyone else though. :-)

I went for another blood draw.
I bought myself a pregnancy book today, "What to Expect When Your Expecting".


Thursday January 15th (today)
I was nervously waiting for the results of my blood test. I got to go home early and was at home taking a nap when the nurse called. My beta was: 4928 @ 21DPO! So, it doubled! To my surprise, she also said they'd like to see me for an OB/Ultrasound when I'm 6 weeks along and asked what the date of my LMP was. I told her 12/10 and she said they'd like to see me on January 21st or 22nd. I took the 21st, which is next Wednesday, and I will be exactly 6 weeks! I know it will be too early to see anything, but I the ultrasound could let us know how things are going so far. My RE's office takes such good care of me! :-)

So far my only symptoms have been severe heartburn, I had to quit taking my heartburnmedication, and I'm going to the potty a lot. ;-) My sense of smell has been heightened and I don't like to eat all that much right now. I'm just waiting for the morning sickness to kick in.

No comments: