Thursday, January 22, 2004

Our Baby's First Picture!



For those not ultrasound savvy I pointed out the baby :

The baby is the little white thing in the black thing. The black thing is the sac, soon to be placenta. The baby measure 4mm today, right on schedule for 6 weeks! There's a + on the top and the bottom to mark the top and bottom of the baby.

The blurry thing next to the image is the heartbeats! Right on target: 118 beats per minute! Go baby!

* * *
This is Doug's fortune he got last week when he went for Chinese food, the first one is the front and the second one is the back:

Our baby is due in SEPTEMBER. The day Doug
got this fortune he couldn't wait to show it to me.
* * *

I've been really emotional and worried since Friday.
I was worried about something going on with my body and was crying on and off for the past few days. I was so scared. I was still crying on the way to the doctor's office. So we got there and waited for a bit. This was Doug's first time ever going to the doctor with me. So the nurse called me back and asked me if I needed to pee, which I did, my second time since I got there.

The nurse came in that was doing the ultrasound and she was SOOOOO nice! She asked how far along I was, I said 6 weeks. She told me we may not be able to see a heartbeat this early, so don't be concerned. As soon as she started the ultrasound she said "There's your bladder, it's full!" lol. And then she's like"There's your baby!" Yay! I cannot tell you how relieved I was! I'm surprised I didn't cry since I was so emotional right before we got there. I was just scared and nervous, I was seriously shaking! She measured and everything was right on target for 6 weeks. She said "This blinking is your baby's heartbeat, Your baby's waving hi!" and she was looking at Doug. I couldn't take my eyes of the screen so I couldn't even look over at him to see what his reaction was. Then she measured the heartbeat: 118 beats per minute, right on target. It was just amazing. She checked around the baby and there was no blood, she checked my cervix and there was no blood so everything looks healthy.

The nurse said my insurance company approved one more ultrasound from them before I go to my OB and of course it's not necessary but I wasn't going to refuse, ultrasounds are good! I scheduled my next one at the RE's on 2/16. I have my first OB appointment on 2/5! I cannot explain how relieved and happy and excited I am right now! She also confirmed my due date was right: 9/15/04!

No comments: